APG Security has the experience and resources to provide professional uniformed security services to Colleges and Universities having served several for more than a decade.
At APG, we understand the need to create a balance between an open and free environment as well as maintaining your responsibility to ensure the safety and security of students, faculty, and staff. Our experienced team will devise a solution that balances personnel, technology, facility design and crime prevention education.
The APG Security Training Program is our professionally designed and executed approach to training that offers employees a variety of quality learning and development programs. Our specialized training programs prepare Security Officers to work effectively to maintain the safety and security of students, faculty, staff and visitors.
APG’s industry-leading training academies combine both web-based and instructor-led sessions. Our certified instructors have experience with local, state or federal law enforcement agencies as well as the United States Military.
Security Officers assigned to Collegiate institutions must successfully complete the following training programs:
• Active Shooter and Workplace Violence Awareness
• Behavior/Confrontational Management
• Campus Theft
• Common Area Patrols
• Clery Act
• Drug and Alcohol Abuse
• Emergency Preparedness and Evacuation Planning
• Escort Services
• Fire Safety
• Residential Life Safety and Security
• Student and Faculty Assistance
• Parking Patrols and Vehicle Lock-Out Assists
APG Security understands the concerns involved in transitioning a security program. For more than 30 years, APG has managed success proprietary conversions. Our experience and attention to detail allow for a smooth changeover with positive results. The transition plans includes:
• Safety and Security Risk Assessment
• Transition Management Team
• Security Force Deployment
• Customized Training Manual
• On-Site Security Officer Training
• Attendance at New Student Orientation